Delaware All-State Junior Chorus is open by audition to any 7th and 8th grade public, private or parochial student in the State of Delaware who participates in his or her school choir. For students to be eligible, the teacher/director of the qualifying ensemble must be a member of DMEA. Every year approximately 350 students audition for the choir and between 100 to 150 students are selected to participate. A guest conductor is brought in to work with the students and a concert is given following two days of intense rehearsal. This is a wonderful opportunity for your child to meet students from other schools, learn about what other choirs in the state are doing and work with a guest conductor who will no doubt bring another perspective to the choral art.
If your child is accepted into the chorus, attendance at every rehearsal for the full rehearsal time, as well as attendance at the concert is mandatory. Please refer to the DMEA All-State Operations Manual (DMEA website) as well as the DMEA All-State Contract (All-State application) for detailed regulations.
Important Dates and Locations:
Applications MUST be to Mrs.B by Tuesday, October 8, 2019 so that she can get a check from the Music Boosters for all auditioning students and take the forms to Mr. Keister to sign!
• October 11, 2019 (postmarked) – Application/Payment
• November 23, 2019 – Junior Chorus Auditions – Smyrna Middle School
• January 25, 2020 - Jr. Chorus Reading Rehearsal 9:00 AM - Noon Springer Middle School
• February 1, 2020– Jr. Chorus Reading Rehearsal 9:00 AM - Noon Same Locations as Above
• February 8, 2020 - Jr. Chorus Reading Rehearsal Weather Date
• February 20 - 21, 2020 – State Rehearsals 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM . Dover High School
• February 22, 2020 – Rehearsal (1:00 PM) and Concert (4:00 PM) Dover High School
Click below if you are interested in auditioning for All-State Junior Chorus this year!
2018 Caravel Junior All-State Members
Left to Right: Katie Doyle (8th), Jared Jones (8th), Brianna Bonsu (8th), Riley Hearn (7th)
AUDITION REHEARSAL TRACKS:
Sing Do up to Do and back down to Do. Then Do down to SOL and back to Do.
Use the Sight Reading practice sheet I gave you to practice with the recording below.